Bob Bynum’s Match Point Tennis (BBMPT) and the Wayne Indoor Tennis Club would like to thank you for the opportunity to coach your player(s) participating in this seasons United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) NORTH JERSEY JUNIOR TEAM TENNIS LEAGUE! Junior Team Tennis (JTT) provides a positive experience for junior players through a team format with organized matches, practices, and coaching. Please review the information below and contact our BBMPT Junior Team Tennis Coordinator to participate.
The North Jersey League provides junior players 8-18 years old the opportunity to:
- Play competitive tennis and prepare for more advanced competition
- Play both singles and doubles
- Practice good sportsmanship and fair play
- Practice what they learn in their lesson programs.
NORTH JERSEY NON-ADVANCING LEAGUE
The NORTH JERSEY LEAGUE is a NON-ADVANCING LEAGUE. Play is at the Local Level only without advancement to any Sectional or National Championships. Our League mission is to provide play opportunities for as many junior players as possible. The League will hold its own NORTH JERSEY LEAGUE PLAY-OFFS at seasons end for ALL the League’s teams. Teams play-off positions will be determined by the Final Standings.
In addition, the League will have its own NORTH JERSEY LEAGUE PLAY DAY in May! This exciting new event will bring ALL the League’s participants together and provide a fun, competitive, and social event to end the season! Last year’s event was a great success so mark MAY 18, 2019 on your calendar!
A Non-Advancing league allows Captains/Coaches the flexibility to provide as many play opportunities for players as possible. The league is COED so boys and girls may play against each other.
NEW JERSEY REGION’S ADVANCING LEAGUE FOR: 12U YELLOW 14U 18U ONLY
The USTA New Jersey Region’s ADVANCING LEAGUE provides additional play opportunities for our more committed and higher-level players. Teams will compete in a Region wide league consisting of more advanced and competitively players. Team winning their flights in this league will advance to Championship play in the Sectional and National Championships.
Please note: The BBMPT JTT Coordinator will SELELCT players to participate on a team in this League based on ability and commitment. Any players participating must also be rostered on our North Jersey League Non-Advancing team(s), in the same age group, and may participate in BOTH the Non-Advancing and Advancing Leagues. Regional Advancing League matches will be scheduled ONCE A MONTH at various neutral sites around the Region during the JTT season.
PLAY IN THE ADVANCING LEAGUE STARTS IN NOVEMBER.
BOB WILL CONTACT YOU CONCERNING YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS ADVANCING LEAGUE!
TEAMS – WE WILL FIELD TEAMS IN THE FOLLOWING AGE GROUPS:
- 12 & Under YELLOW BALL
- 14 & Under
- 18 & Under
Because of limited practice and match courts we will require a minimum of 10 players on any team to field a team in an age group. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Some players may be invited to register for multiple age groups to increase play opportunities.
- Players are eligible to compete in an age group up to 6 months AFTER they reach the maximum age of that age group. In years past if you were to “aged out” before August 31 you had to play in the next age up for the entire season. Because we are a Non-Advancing League, players may finish the season in the age group they were eligible for at the start of the season.
- THE CUT-OFF DATE FOR ANY AGE GROUP IS: NOVEMBER 18, 2019. If a player ages out of an age group BEFORE this date, they must play up into the next age group. See Bob if you have any questions.
NATIONAL TENNIS RATING PROGRAM (NTRP)
This season the North Jersey League will utilize the USTA’s NATIONAL TENNIS RATING PROGRAM, or NTRP, to provide ratings for each player participating in the League. These ratings will help give players an idea of where they stand competitively; allow coaches/captains to provide more competitive matches for players; and provide a guide for players to identify their needs to progress to their desired level of play.
Please note: players having played any competitive matches within the past 18 months (JTT, USTA tournaments, etc.) will already have a rating which can be seen when players register for their teams. New players will be asked questions to SELF-RATE themselves during the registration process. RATING RANGE FROM 2.0 TO 3.4. DO NOT SELF RATE BEYOND A 3.4 RATING OR YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE LEAGUE!
- October to April
- 18U season may end sooner to accommodate boys high school players. Boys may continue to attend our practices after their JTT season matches are completed.
- League play is against clubs/teams in Passaic, Bergen, Essex, and Morris counties.
- Match play is COED. 4 PLAYERS will compete in singles & doubles during each match.
- Standings will be kept determining play-off positions in the North Jersey League PLAY-OFFS.
HOME MATCH TIMES
- SATURDAYS @ 5-7PM
- Players are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes before a match.
- Away matches are schedule Saturdays with start times ranging from 3:30-6:00.
- Most opposing facilities are no more than 30 minutes away depending on traffic.
- Players/Parents are encouraged to carpool.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PARENTS TO ACT AS CAPTAINS FOR INDIVIDUAL MATCHES. PLEASE CONTACT BOB BYNUM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
- 4 players per team
- 6 matches: 4 singles matches * 2 doubles matches
- All matches consist of a 6-game pro set (no ad) with a Set Tiebreaker at 5-5 for singles and doubles
- Doubles will almost always be the first matches played.
- Line-ups will be scheduled in 4-match blocks
- An initial 4 match line-up schedule will be distributed in advance to parents/players.
- Parents/players will confirm or decline their scheduled dates. The Coordinator will try to reschedule players unable to play as scheduled to other open spots within the same 4-match block.
- If possible please notify the JTT Coordinator, in advance, of any dates you cannot play.
- Parents/players will be reminded early in a play week of their upcoming match.
- PLAYERS REPEATEDLY CANCELING AT THE LAST MINUTE OR NOT SHOWING FOR MATCHES MAY POSSIBLY BE DROPPED FROM THE TEAM WITHOUT REFUND.
TEAM PRACTICES & MATCHES
- Practices begin: OCTOBER 12 Last Practices: April 12 21 Weeks
- FRIDAYS 6 – 8 p.m.
- Practices will be run “high school” style with an emphasis on point play, strategy, and fun!
- NO PRACTICE: Nov 23 * Dec 21 * Dec 28 * Jan 18 * Feb 15 * Mar 15
- NO MATCHES: Nov 24-25 * Dec 22-23 * Dec 29-30 * Jan 19-20 * Feb 16-17 * Mar 16-17
- PLAY-OFF DATES: Apr 6-7 * Apr 13-14 * May 4-5 * Please try to be available for these dates!
- Parents/players must be committed to the team and league to insure a successful season.
- Please attend when you are scheduled to play to insure a full roster for opposing teams.
- $560 – ONLINE Early Bird Registration by OCTOBER 11 $610 – Registration after OCTOBER 11
- DUE TO THE LOW WEEKLY COST OF PRACTICES, NO PRO-RATES WILL BE OFFERED THIS SEASON FOR PREVIOUS WAYNE JTT PLAYERS FOR LATER START DATES (this does not apply to NEW players to the team)
- Team Fee includes practices. All players* pay the team fee and are encouraged to attend practices.
- Players pay $35 for each individual match that they play. Players will PRE-PAY for 4 matches.
- Players may participate on a team WITHOUT attending practices. Please note however, those players attending practices will always be given first preference for match play.
- Checks are payable to: Bob Bynum’s Match Point Tennis
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE:
- REGISTER ONLINE BEGINNING: OCTOBER 1
- PARENT WILL RECEIVE A TEAM NUMBER TO REGISTER PLAYER(S) ONLINE AT USTA.COM. There is a $35 fee charged by the USTA to register.
- ALL MATCH FEES WILL BE PAID ONLINE.BBMPT Junior Team Tennis Coordinator
Bob Bynum firstname.lastname@example.org 973-477-3368