Bob Bynum has over 40 years of teaching, coaching, programming and management experience in tennis! He is a member of United States Tennis Association (USTA) and the American Tennis Association (ATA). He possesses a thorough knowledge and understanding of coaching dynamics in both group and one-on-one settings. Bob is certified as an Elite Professional and Competitive Player Development Coach through the United States Professional Tennis Association (USPTA) and as a Higher Performance Coach through the USTA.
Bob has experience creating, organizing and implementing instructional tennis programs including, adult and junior clinics, private lessons, group lessons and special events. Currently, he serves is the following capacities:
- Director of Bob Bynum’s Match Point Tennis
- Former boys Varsity Tennis Coach at Newark Academy (NJ state finalist 2017)
- Local League Coordinator for the USTA Eastern/New Jersey Region Junior Team Tennis
- Director of Tennis – Greater Newark Tennis & Education
For his service to his players, teams and the sport of tennis, Bob has received many accolades including:
- USTA Eastern Clinician-of-the-Year in 2008
- Greater Middlesex Conference Blue Division Coach-of-the-Year in 2008
- Star-Ledger Middlesex County Coach-of-the-Year in 2013
- NJ.com/Star Ledger Coach of the Year in 2017
- USPTA Eastern Division Pro-of-the-Year
- USPTA Florida Division Volunteer-of-the-Year
- USPTA Eastern Division Heroes Award
Perhaps more importantly, Bob creates a partnership with players and parents that allow his students to have positive and meaningful experiences through tennis. His passion, compassion, and commitment to his students is proven by the number of players that come back to coach for him years after their competitive tennis journeys are complete. Bob teaches important life lessons along with the intricacies of the game and imparts these same characteristics onto his staff. Bob is very well respected in the tennis industry and welcomes your participation in BBMPT programs.