Bob Bynum’s Match Point Tennis (BBMPT) and the Wayne Indoor Tennis Club would like to thank you for the opportunity to coach your player(s) participating in this seasons United States Tennis Association’s (USTA) NORTH JERSEY JUNIOR TEAM TENNIS LEAGUE! Junior Team Tennis (JTT) provides a positive experience for junior players through a team format with organized matches, practices, and coaching. Please review the information below and contact our BBMPT Junior Team Tennis Coordinator to participate.
The North Jersey League provides junior players 8-18 years old the opportunity to:
- Play competitive tennis and prepare for more advanced competition
- Play both singles and doubles
- Practice good sportsmanship and fair play
- Practice what they learn in their lesson programs.
NEW COVID-19 WAYNE INDOOR TENNIS CLUB PRACTICE RULES
- PLAYERS SHOULD NOT ATTEND PRACTICE IF THEY ARE SICK OR SHOWING SIGNS OF ILLNESS!
- ALL PLAYERS WILL WEAR MASKS/FACE COVERINGS INTO WITC.
- PLAYERS HAVE THE OPTION TO REMOVE THEIR MASKS/FACE COVERINGS DURING PRACTICE.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING WILL BE APPLIED AT ALL TIMES WHILE ONCOURT (racket tapping only, no high fives or fist bumping * players will provide and keep track of their water containers * restroom usage is optional * hand sanitizer will be available and may be applied at any time during practice.
- NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED DURING PRACTICE
- STAFF WILL ADHERE TO THE SAME RULES AS THE PLAYERS..
NEW COVID-19 LEAGUE RULES
- PLAYERS SHOULD NOT PLAY IF THEY ARE SICK OR SHOWING SIGNS OF ILLNESS!
- ALL PLAYERS AND PARENT CAPTAINS WILL WEAR MASKS/FACE COVERINGS INTO ANY FACILITY.
- PLAYERS HAVE THE OPTION TO WEAR THEIR MASKS/FACE COVERINGS WHILE ON-COURT.
- PHYSICAL DISTANCING WILL BE APPLIED AT ALL TIMES WHILE ONCOURT (change-overs on opposite ends
of net * racket tapping only, no high fives or fist bumping * players will go no closer than the service lines to discuss score, disputes, etc. * players may go to net to tap rackets AFTER the match * hand sanitizer will be applied at EVERY change over.
- ONLY CAPTAINS/PARENT CAPTAINS ARE ALLOWED ONCOURT DURING MATCHES AND MUST BE WEARING MASKS/FACE COVERINGS
- NO SPECTATORS WILL BE ALLOWED INTO ANY OTHER FACILITY WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE PARENT CAPTAIN(S) AND PLAYERS.
- PLAYERS WILL REPORT THEIR SCORES TO THE CAPTAINS IMMEDIATELY AFTER THE MATCH, CONTACT THEIR PARENT FOR PICKUP, AND DEPART IMMEDIATELY AFTER THEIR LAST MATCH.
TEAMS – WE WILL FIELD TEAMS IN THE FOLLOWING AGE GROUPS:
- 12 & Under YELLOW BALL
- 14 & Under
- 18 & Under
We will require a minimum of 8 players on any team to field a team in an age group.
Some players may be invited to register for multiple age groups to increase play opportunities.
- Players are eligible to compete in an age group up to 6 months AFTER they reach the maximum age of that age group. In years past if you were to “aged out” before August 31 you had to play in the next age up for the entire season. Because we are a Non-Advancing League, players may finish the season in the age group they were eligible for at the start of the season.
- THE CUT-OFF DATE FOR ANY AGE GROUP IS: NOVEMBER 18, 2020. If a player ages out of an age group BEFORE this date, they must play up into the next age group. See Bob if you have any questions.
NATIONAL TENNIS RATING PROGRAM (NTRP)
The USTA’s NATIONAL TENNIS RATING PROGRAM, or NTRP, provides player ratings. These ratings will help give players an idea of where they stand competitively; allow coaches/captains to provide more competitive matches for players; and provide a guide for players to identify their needs to progress to their desired level of play.
Please note: players having played any competitive matches within the past 18 months (JTT, USTA tournaments, etc.) will already have a rating which can be seen when players register for their teams. New players will be asked questions to SELF-RATE themselves during the registration process.
RATING RANGE FOR LEAGUE IS FROM 2.0 to 3.4. USE THE DROP-DOWN MENU TO RATE YOUR PLAYER(S). DO NOT SELF RATE BEYOND A 3.4 RATING OR YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THE LEAGUE!
- October to April
- 18U season may end sooner to accommodate boys high school players. Boys may continue to attend our practices after their JTT season matches are completed.
- League play is against clubs/teams in Passaic, Bergen, Essex, and Morris counties.
- Match play is COED. 4 PLAYERS will compete in singles & doubles during each match.
- Standings will be kept determining play-off positions in the North Jersey League PLAY-OFFS.
HOME MATCH TIMES
- SATURDAYS @ 5-7PM
- Players are encouraged to arrive at least 15 minutes before a match.
- Unfortunately, spectators will not be allowed in any facility.
- Away matches are schedule Saturdays (and sometimes Sundays) with start times ranging from 3:30-6:00.
- Most opposing facilities are no more than 30 minutes away depending on traffic.
- Unfortunately, spectators will not be allowed in any facility.
WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR PARENTS TO ACT AS CAPTAINS FOR INDIVIDUAL MATCHES. PLEASE CONTACT BOB BYNUM IF YOU ARE INTERESTED.
- 4 players per team
- 6 matches: 4 singles matches * 2 doubles matches
- All matches consist of a 6-game pro set (no ad) with a Set Tiebreaker at 5-5 for singles and doubles
- Doubles will almost always be the first matches played.
- Line-ups will be scheduled in 4-match blocks
- An initial 4 match line-up schedule will be distributed in advance to parents/players.
- Parents/players will confirm or decline their scheduled dates. The Coordinator will try to reschedule players unable to play as scheduled to other open spots within the same 4-match block.
- If possible please notify the JTT Coordinator, in advance, of any dates you cannot play.
- Parents/players will be reminded early in a play week of their upcoming match.
- PLAYERS REPEATLY CANCELING AT THE LAST MINUTE OR NOT SHOWING FOR MATCHES WILL BE DROPPED FROM THE TEAM WITHOUT REFUNDING OF ANY FEES.
TEAM PRACTICES & MATCHES
- Practices begin: OCTOBER 30 Last Practices: April 23 19 Weeks
- 12U…FRIDAYS 5:00-6:30PM 14U & 18U FRIDAYS 6:30-8:00PM
- PRACTICE COURTS WILL HAVE A MAXIMUM OF 4 PLAYERS
- Practices will be run “high school” style with an emphasis on point play, strategy, and fun!
- NO PRACTICE or MATCHES: Nov 27-28 * Dec 25-26 * Jan 1-2 * Jan 15-16 * Feb 12-13 *Mar 19-20 * Apr 2-3
- PLAY-OFFS: Apr 17 * Apr 24 * May 1 Please try to be available for these dates!
- Parents/players must be committed to the team and league to insure a successful season.
- Please attend when you are scheduled to play to insure a full roster for opposing teams.
- THOSE PLAYERS WITH A CREDIT DUE FROM LAST SEASON WILL BE NOTIFIED OF THEIR
ADJUSTED TEAM FEE FOR THIS SEASON.
- REGISTER VIA EMAIL TO BOB BYNUM. Online registration will be available shortly.
- DUE TO THE LOW WEEKLY COST, NO PRO-RATING AVAILABLE AFTER: NOVEMBER 20, 2020
- Team Fee includes practices. There are no refunds or credits for missed practices.
- Players pay $35 for each individual match that they play. Players will PRE-PAY for 4 matches at a time.
- Players may participate on a team WITHOUT attending practices and do not have to pay the Team Fee. Please note however, players attending practices will be given first preference for match play.
- Electronic payment available on VENMO: @bobbynum * Checks payable to: BBMPT (Bob Bynum’s
Match Point Tennis)
STEPS TO PARTICIPATE:
1. REGISTER VIA EMAIL TO BOB BYNUM WITH: PLAYER NAME * TEAM * AGE * DATE
OF BIRTH. Online registration will be available shortly to complete full registration.
2. PARENTS WILL RECEIVE A TEAM NUMBER TO REGISTER PLAYER(S) ONLINE AT
USTA.COM. There is a $50 fee charged by the USTA to register.
3. ALL MATCH FEES CAN BE PAID ONLINE VIA VENMO: @bobbynum OR AT bbmpt.com
BBMPT Junior Team Tennis Coordinator